28 May Request For Logo Design: Noblesville Fire Dept
Noblesville Fire Dept is looking to develop an independent station logo, or a “pride logo,” to be used on the side of fire trucks, helmets, stickers, window clings, etc. The logo is intended to reflect the brand and image of this specific station in the Noblesville community, especially in how it helps history meet the present in Noblesville (carrying its duties out from horse-drawn operations all the way to modern equipment times).
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION: Tuesday, June 30, 2020 at 11:59 p.m.
ELIGIBILITY: To be eligible to submit for this opportunity, artists must:
- Be able to meet all of the project requirements (see below)
- Be age 18 or over
THIS PROJECT WILL REQUIRE:
- Developing a design that celebrates Noblesville Fire Dept’s unique history and place in the community
- [NEED SPECIFICS TO INSERT AS TO DESIRED FILE FORMATS AND RESOLUTIONS]
PROJECT BUDGET: Noblesville Fire Dept will pay the artist a fee of [EVEN $100 WOULD BE HELPFUL – IS THIS POSSIBLE?] for all design efforts. Nickel Plate Arts will work with local newspapers, TV, and online sources to try to secure as much community promotion as possible as added value to the logo designer.
RESOURCES: History of the downtown station – The station has existed in its current location since 1871. They were really the first station/district in Noblesville! This station is somewhat unique because it usually has a ladder truck stationed there (although not right now with the current construction) as well as a battalion chief stationed there. They have a historic engine there that is a sort of mascot for firefighters – it was a Noblesville fire apparatus from the 1930s.
[INSERT ANY IMAGERY OF THE LADDERS, HISTORIC ENGINE, ETC HERE]
SELECTION PROCESS: Artists must submit their qualifications to Aili McGill firstname.lastname@example.org by 11:59 p.m on Tuesday, June 30th. Representatives from Noblesville Fire Dept and Nickel Plate Arts will review submitted qualifications and select the finalist.
PROJECT TIMELINE: This timeline represents the project as it now appears. Changes may be necessary as the project progresses:
- Release Request for Qualifications: April 24, 2020
- Deadline for qualification submissions: June 30, 2020
- Selection Committee Review: June 30 – July 3, 2020
- Selection of final candidate: no later than July 6, 2020
HOW TO APPLY: Artists must submit the following information to Aili McGill, Director, Nickel Plate Arts email@example.com (please note: submission materials will not be returned to applicants).
- Brief Artist Statement: Please include a short statement (no more than 500 characters) about your interest in this project, as well as any personal or professional connection you have to Noblesville and how that connection influences your interest in this project.
- Logo Design: [NEED TO INCLUDE FILE SPECIFICATIONS]
DELIVERY OF SUBMISSIONS: Submissions may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or shared via Dropbox to Aili McGill at Nickel Plate Arts.
Aili McGill, Director, Nickel Plate Arts: email@example.com or 317-452-3690