19 Feb Requests For Qualifications: Indoor Mural
Four Day Ray seeks artists to design and paint a 12 ft x 7 ft indoor mural to be installed in designated space on the brick entrance wall inside their restaurant and brewery building at 11671 Lantern Rd, Fishers, IN 46038. This mural is meant to beautify the building, add vibrancy to Fishers’ Arts District, reinforce the Four Day Ray brand as customers enter the building, and provide an Instagrammable opportunity for guests. Mural designs are encouraged to celebrate the history and culture of the Nickel Plate District, as well as capture the “Three Day Weekend” mantra of Four Day Ray.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION: Sunday, March 29, 2020 at 11:59 p.m.
ELIGIBILITY: To be eligible to submit for this opportunity, artists must:
- Be able to meet all of the project requirements (see below)
- Be age 18 or over
- Be willing to meet all contractual obligations and adhere to a strict budget and timeline
- Carry personal liability insurance for the duration of the project (Nickel Plate Arts can provide a referral to an insurance provider if needed.)
THIS PROJECT WILL REQUIRE:
- Developing a design that celebrates taking the day and enjoying a three day weekend and compliments the building’s interior and company brand
- Installing the mural on the 12 ft x 7ft space. The artist must provide all equipment needed for installation and be capable of the physical activity required, including climbing ladders, and working during or after business hours. (Insert prefered hours for artists).
- Coordinating with the building owner and Nickel Plate Arts to develop an approved design
- Coordinating with the building owner and Nickel Plate Arts for installation of the mural
PROJECT BUDGET: The property owner will pay the artist a fee of $1800. Four Day Ray will also host a reception for the artist for added value upon mural completion.
This project will carry commission fees listed above ($1800) for design, fabrication, and installation of the mural. This fee is to cover all of the artists’ compensation and anticipated expenses, including (but not limited to) design fees, paint, brushes, sealant, other materials, production, transportation, insurance, and labor. Payment will be made in two installments: 1/2 will be paid to the artist at the beginning of the project, with the remaining 1/2 to be paid upon completion of the project. Please note that these payments can take up to 30 days to arrive.
RESOURCES: Four Day Ray brand story: https://www.fourdayray.com/our-story/
Four Day Ray is about community and three day weekends spent kicking back with friends and family while enjoying a great beer. The tagline currently being used to describe this sentiment is “made for this moment – brewed for community.”
SELECTION PROCESS: Artists must submit their qualifications to Aili McGill email@example.com by 11:59 p.m on Sunday, March 29th. Representatives from Four Day Ray and Nickel Plate Arts will review submitted qualifications and select up to three finalists to interview further.
Note: While this is the intended selection process, in the event of an insufficient number of qualified applicants, Four Day Ray reserves the right to invite an artist to propose, or to directly select an artist and also reserves the right to cancel the opportunity entirely at any point and for any reason.
SELECTION CRITERIA: Finalists will be selected based upon the following criteria:
Technical Ability: Artist’s submission indicates professionalism, skill with materials and techniques, and indicates the capacity to meet the requirements of this project
Artistic Quality: Artist’s past work is appropriate to its context, innovative, creative and stylistically distinctive
PROJECT TIMELINE: This timeline represents the project as it now appears. Changes may be necessary as the project progresses:
- Release Request for Qualifications: Feb 21st, 2020
- Deadline for qualification submissions: March 29, 2020
- Selection Committee Review: March 30 – April 3, 2020
- Selection of final candidate: no later than April 6, 2020
- Design: April 6 – April 30
- Installation: Summer 2020. Availability of installation expertise will determine the final installation dates.
- Dedication and Kick-off Party: TBD, possibly to coincide with the release of a new FDR beer
HOW TO APPLY: Artists must submit the following information to Aili McGill, Director, Nickel Plate Arts firstname.lastname@example.org (please note: submission materials will not be returned to applicants).
- Cover Letter: Please include a short statement about your interest in this project, as well as any personal or professional connection you have to Four Day Ray and how that connection influences your interest in this project. Please also include a statement about how your previous work experience qualifies you for this opportunity.
- Resume: Please include a copy of your artistic resume.
- Examples of previous artwork: Submit 2-10 digital images in .jpg or .pdf format of past work. Please limit the file size of each image to 2MB or less. If possible, include images of at least 1 previous project that is appropriate to the conditions of this brief.
- Image information sheet: Submit a sheet with the following information about each submitted project: title, date completed, client/neighborhood/site name, total artwork budget, and a brief (1-2 sentences) description of the project or piece at is relates to this project. Include a directory of which image titles you have submitted are associated with each project (ex: for an artist named Smith: PROJECT x: Images Smith 1, Smith 2, Smith 3; PROJECT Y: Smith 4, Smith 5, Smith 6). Submit this sheet in .doc, .docx or .pdf format.
DELIVERY OF SUBMISSIONS: Submissions may be emailed to email@example.com shared via Dropbox, or hand-delivered to Aili McGill at Nickel Plate Arts located at the below address.
Mailed or delivered submissions must be loaded on a single usb drive. CDs, DVDs, or printed items cannot be accepted. USB drives must arrive at Nickel Plate Arts no later than 11:59 pm on Friday, March 27, 2020. A dropbox share request must be time-stamped by 11:59 pm on Sunday, March 29, 2020 – all items must be included in the shared folder by that time. Any item that is time-stamped as being uploaded after 11:59 pm will be disqualified from consideration.
The Delivery Address is:
ATTN: Aili McGill
Nickel Plate Arts
107 S. 8th
Noblesville, IN 46060
Aili McGill, Director, Nickel Plate Arts: firstname.lastname@example.org or 317-452-3690