19 Mar The Art Goes On…
During this time when much of our communities, culture, and country have ground to a halt, we’d like to provide resources and virtual experiences for you to continue to take in art from our talented area artists. Art can bring us together during times of crisis and uncertainty.
Nickel Plate Arts will continue to build this list and this page as we become aware of more ways you can engage with the virtual local arts scene in Central Indiana.
Resources for Families
- Welcome to Fairyville Fairy House Contest: Anyone is eligible to create a Fairy House for our upcoming event Welcome to Fairyville. This is a great ongoing project to create as a family. Even if Fairyville doesn’t happen at its originally scheduled date (April 22-25), we will have Fairyville as soon as possible once things get back to “normal.”
- Share art, not germs: Art can literally brighten your day, so we invite you to share your best sidewalk chalk masterpiece or home art project with us! Take a photo of your artwork and tag Nickel Plate Arts on social media and use the hashtag #ArtNotGerms. We will select our favorites to win some great prizes!
- Printable Greeting Cards: We recently mailed out these cards to our Nickel Plate Arts Members so that they can decorate them, write a note, and mail it to a friend to brighten their day. Now you can print these files at home, decorate them, and mail them! Click on the links below to download the card files.
(ALL 4 CARDS)
Original illustrations by Aili McGill.
- Create a D.I.Y. Phone Amplifier & Stand: Link to Facebook Live video & original blog post with instructions. Once you’ve made this, you’re ready to have a dance party (from a safe distance)!
Resources for Artists
- Indy Arts & Culture COVID-19 Emergency Relief Fund: The Indy Arts & Culture COVID-19 Emergency Relief Fund was created for individuals working in the arts sector and impacted by the current public health crisis. Primary concern is for the health and well being of individuals: specifically independent artists and staff working for small-to-midsize nonprofit arts and cultural organizations. This fund will provide rapid response $500 grants to help bridge the severe lost wages that make many in our creative community vulnerable.
- March 2020 Nickel Plate Arts Artist Newsletter: Find current and upcoming artist opportunities to keep you plugged into the local arts scene.
- Physical & Mental Health Resources for Artists
- Americans for the Arts: Arts and Culture Sector and the Coronavirus: What We Know and How to Move Forward
- Arts Council of Indianapolis: COVID-19 Impact Survey for Arts Organizations
- Congressional Art Competition (High School Artists): Each spring, a nation-wide high school arts competition is sponsored by the Members of the U.S. House of Representatives. Deadline: Friday, April 17
- Request for Qualifications: Four Day Ray Indoor Mural (in Fishers): Deadline: Sunday, March 29
- Artist Callout: Banner Art Gallery in Downtown Noblesville: Deadline: Friday, April 3
Resources for Art Lovers
- We’re working to re-create our current art exhibits as virtual exhibits where you can even purchase paintings online! Click here to see our first virtual exhibit.