10 Jan Nickel Plate Arts Seeks Artists to Delight Guests on Valentine’s Day
For the sixth year, we will offer couple’s art activities during our Valentine’s Day Date Night on Feb 14, 15, and 16 from 6-9 pm. We are seeking talented, engaging, and inspiring local artists, makers and creatives from a range of media to design and lead these activities. This event has a loyal following and we have already sold several tickets – we expect it to be well attended and exceedingly fun!
Artists will be expected to:
- Design, plan, and execute an activity that can be accomplished in an average of 30 minutes by an adult couple with few art skills.
- Submit a list of materials needed for the craft totaling no more than $50. Nickel Plate Arts will review the materials list and note any materials that are already available on campus. Artists may be asked to gather remaining materials and will be reimbursed for said materials (receipts will be required).
- Promote their participation in the event via their own promotional channels, including social media, websites, newsletters, etc, to encourage their own followers and fans to participate in the evening.
- Be set up no later than 5:45 of the night of the event, energetically greet and work with guests throughout the event, and be cleaned up no later than 10 pm.
If selected, artists will receive:
- $100 per night (for a total of up to $300)
- Promotion on the Nickel Plate Arts website and social media streams as an artist featured at the event and with links to information about your upcoming projects, classes, or events.
- Reimbursement for up to $50 worth of supplies (receipts required)
- One complimentary alcoholic beverage each evening, as well as water, coffee/tea, and hors d’oeuvre
If selected, Artists may:
- Bring fliers, cards or pamphlets promoting his or her own artwork, events, classes, or services during the event
- Bring prints, cds, or other small items to sell. All sales are subject to our 20% commission policy. A list of items, including description, price, and quantity must be submitted at least three days in advance for approval. Nickel Plate Arts staff will administer all sales.
- Submit a list of events, classes, projects, or items for Nickel Plate Arts to promote on your behalf in conjunction with the promotion of the Valentine’s Day event
- Email Aili McGill at firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information by Friday, January 18th at 5 pm:
- Your contact information
- A brief description of your idea for an activity
- Which nights are you available? You may apply for one, two, or all three nights of the event
- We will review responses and reply to you by Jan 24th. We will select up to 6 artists/activities per night.
Have additional questions or want to discuss an idea? Contact email@example.com.