14 Jun Hancock Health Seeks Fabric, Visual Artists to Create Head Scarves Designs with Cancer Patients
Organization: Sue Ann Wortman Cancer Center, Hancock Health
City: Greenfield, Indiana
Deadline: June 30, 2021
Hancock Health, in collaboration with Well Done Marketing, seeks a Central Indiana-based artist skilled in fabric art or visual art to provide a hands-on arts experience for up to four Hancock Health patients who have completed their oncology treatment. Candidates must provide a portfolio of work and demonstrate a background in or previous experience in art therapy and/or teaching adult students of any ability.
· Prepare session materials and purchase art supplies.
· Meet individually with selected patients to develop a concept for their piece.
· Conduct a workshop, jointly or individually depending on patient’s course of treatment and ability to work in a group environment, and provide guidance for each patient as they create their idea on paper/canvas.
· Collect and prepare artwork for display in the Cancer Center. Note: All patients must be able to take their artwork once the display period has ended.
· Techniques, tools, and materials may be at the artist’s discretion; however, the final artwork must be able to be reproduced on a cotton, silk, bamboo, or cotton/polyester headwrap.
· Work with selected patient to choose fabric and color for reproductions.
Selected artist will receive up to a $2,000 stipend ($500 per participating patient) plus the cost of materials. Project must be completed between August and October 2021.
While the goal of this project is to produce a custom headscarf for sale in Hancock Health gift stores for the holidays, the experience needs to be fun and inspiring for participating patients.
All meetings and workshop will be conducted in a hospital environment with patients who may have compromised immunity. Artist must be fully vaccinated, including for COVID-19. All activities will be conducted following Hancock Health’s COVID-19 policies.
HOW TO APPLY
Artists must provide via email:
· Artist name
· Artist address
· Artist contact information (email, phone number)
· Connection to Hancock County (if applicable)
· Education and/or relevant experience
· Digital portfolio of two to 10 images that are relevant to this request
· Brief statement about why you want to participate in this project
· Three references from comparable projects, including contact information
· Website (if applicable)
Send submissions to email@example.com.
All submissions must be received no later than 5 p.m. on Wednesday, June 30, 2021.
Representatives from Hancock Health and Well Done Marketing will review all submissions and select up to three finalists for brief interviews.
· Digital submissions due Wednesday, June 30, 2021 by 5 p.m.
· Up to three finalists selected no later than Friday, July 16, 2021.
· Finalist interviews TBD during week of July 19, 2021.
· Artist selected on or before July 30, 2021.
· Project kick-off TBD for week of August 9, 2021.
Questions will only be taken via email, at firstname.lastname@example.org.