02 Mar Artist Opportunity: T-Shirt Contest
Call Type: Competitions
Entry Deadline: April 1st
Event Dates: 5/7/22 – 10/15/22
Submission Fee: Free
Requirements: Designs – Minimum: 1, Maximum: N/A
Noblesville Main Street (NMS) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization whose mission is to enrich the culture and community of the city of Noblesville’s downtown historic district by creating partnerships, programs & events to connect people to unique places & experiences. Each year the organization puts on nearly 20 events that help celebrate Noblesville’s downtown, promote the city’s local merchants, and brings the community together.
This year NMS is looking to involve artists throughout the state to help the organization design its annual T-Shirt that the organization has historically released every summer. NMS would like the design to celebrate & balance the authentic and historic characteristics of the nearly 200 year old city, while also embracing the new aspects that continue to make Noblesville a growing and diverse community to live in. NMS is looking for a design with a vintage feel (see “Hatch Show Print Posters” as an example) that includes a few iconic elements that make Noblesville unique. Key elements include but are not limited to the following:
- Hamilton County courthouse
- Nickel Plate Railroad/Hobb’s station
- Syd’s bar
- The Peony flower
- White River (White River Monster, fishing, canoeing/kayaking, river floating)
- Seminary Park
- Ruoff Music Center
- Noblesville Farmer’s Market at Federal Hill
- Potter’s Bridge
- Morse Reservoir
- Cardinal bird
Other important details:
- Submission is free. Winning design will receive $500 cash prize.
- T-Shirts will be sold at Noblesville Farmer’s Markets & other Noblesville merchant shops.
- Design may be used on additional promotional items as well.
- By submitting your artwork, you are agreeing to allow Noblesville Main Street the right to publish your work on t-shirts &/or in promotional material now & in the future.
- Artwork must be entirely work of the entrant. Entries must not be copies or derivatives based in any way on other copyrighted or published paintings, photographs, or other artistic work. Any infraction of this rule will result in immediate disqualification. Those rights will transfer to Noblesville Main Street when & if the art is selected.
Please direct questions & submissions to this project to Kelly McVey at email@example.com.