15 May Art Fair on the Square Call Out
Art Fair on the Square, August 3, 2019
Sponsored by the Hamilton County Artists’ Association
The Hamilton County Artists’ Association (HCAA) and its sponsors proudly present the annual HCAA Art Fair on the Square event. The artists selected for the show are by invitation only from the HCAA and are based on artist applications submitted for jurying. If you wish to be considered for the 2019 show, please complete an application found here. The application must be received by the HCAA Art Fair on the Square selection committee no later than June 20, 2019. Invited artists will be sent e-mails as well as be listed on the HCAA website no later than July 10, 2019. We encourage you to register!
Art Fair Rules:
- All work must be original and completed by the artist within the last two years. Signed and numbered prints of the artist are allowed. Only juried work may be shown in the show.
- Collaborating artists’ work is permitted if all artists’ names appear on the application. All work that is in the booth must be solely of that collaboration.
- Photographic work must be self-printed from the artists original negatives or digitally mastered by the artist prior to printing.
- The artist must arrive at least one hour before the show start time and remain until tear-down time.
- An application fee of $100 is payable to the HCAA and is due with the application. If the artist is not selected, a $50 jury fee will be retained with $50 returned to the applicant. All decisions of the HCAA selection committee are FINAL.
Artist Booth & Display Requirements:
- Artists’ displays will be located only on designated spaces on the Historic Hamilton County Courthouse Square.
- Artists must provide their own display measuring no larger than 10′ x 10′, the size of the space provided per show space. Weights are required to tie down any display and NO stakes are allowed. The artist will need to provide their own tables and chairs and should prepare themselves for changing weather conditions. Show goes on RAIN OR SHINE. NO REFUNDS.
- There are VERY LIMITED electric hookups available on a first come first served basis. Participants must supply their own weather-rated cords that can reach 50 feet and any other electric devices or lights as needed. Because of the limited electrical, there is no guarantee that there will be a hookup available.
- The decision of the Fair Committee on placement of artists in show spaces is FINAL.
We look forward to seeing you on the Square on August 3, 2019!!