30 Aug Maker-in-Residence Application: deadline Extended
DESCRIPTION OF RESIDENCY
Ignite Studio invites central Indiana artists to serve as our Maker-in-Residence for a 12-week period. Ignite Studio is an arts-focused makerspace designed to offer broad access to the Hamilton County community to a variety of art and making practices. Our goal is to help patrons on-ramp to their own creativity by introducing new and exciting equipment and experiences. The Maker-in-Residence program is an integral part of this mission to help inspire and empower people to reconnect to making practices. Selected residents will receive a $2500 stipend and a modest budget for supplies.
REQUIREMENTS OF SELECTED RESIDENT
- Serve 12 consecutive weeks as the maker-in-residence at Ignite Studio.
- Utilize a 1600 sq. ft. studio space as fully as possible to share your creative process with Ignite Studio patrons.
- Devote 8 hours/week to offering patron experiences related to your art/making practice.Details will be agreed upon by the resident and Ignite Studio staff after the selection process is complete. Applications are adjudicated on the strength of the potential resident’s ability to think creatively about their teaching practices as well as their making practice.
- Exhibit work in Ignite Studio. Artists may sell work that is exhibited in space provided they
handle all aspects of the transaction. Ignite Studio will not take any commission for works sold.
- Artist may teach paid classes from studio space provided they were scheduled prior to being selected for the residence and all dates were submitted with application. Chosen residents may not leverage Ignite Studio or the Hamilton East Public Library to sell additional class slots once selected for the residency.
Click here to be linked directly to the application.
DATES AND DEADLINES
- Application deadline: September 14, 2019
- Submitted applications will be reviewed for both the Spring and Fall residency time slots.
- Please note in your application your availability for both time slots.
- Spring Residency Dates: March 1 – June 1, 2020
- Fall Residency Dates: September 1 – November 30, 2020
Submissions and questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.