06 Apr Fairies to take over Noblesville April 21-24
Welcome to Fairyville 2021 offers participants a whimsical way to celebrate Earth Week with a nature-themed, self-guided tour and more than a dozen special features
[NOBLESVILLE, INDIANA] –From April 21-24, don’t be surprised if you hear a stampede of little feet and a rustle of gossamer wings in the Downtown Noblesville area. That’s because Nickel Plate Arts’ Welcome to Fairyville, sponsored by Parker Mortgage, is back for the ninth year. Artists and hobbyists are expected to display dozens of fairy houses on the Fairy Trail along the Riverwalk and around the historic courthouse square in Noblesville’s Cultural Arts District. Many downtown merchants will feature fairy doors on their buildings and fairy-themed specials in order to usher some magic inside. Whimsical, socially-distanced events have been planned all throughout the Downtown Noblesville area, including an outdoor fairy fashion show and Fairy Caboose Rides, and the trail will include opportunities to explore and be inspired by the natural world, thanks to the help of the Noblesville Tree Board, Noblesville Parks, and Hamilton County Soil and Water.
Nickel Plate Arts’ Executive Director Ailithir McGill explained how new features of Welcome to Fairyville will inspire more wonder, while keeping safety in mind: “If 2020 taught us anything, it was how to be welcoming, inclusive and fun while being safe. We are so excited to celebrate Earth Day by welcoming all manner of fairy folk and their friends to our beautiful downtown,” she began. “Through our partnerships with more than 25 area businesses and organizations, this event will include a wide range of opportunities, such as take-out craft kits, musical performances and self-directed activities designed to be safe during COVID-19 restrictions. Perhaps most importantly, for the first time ever, we will have fairy-themed adult beverages, including cocktails at Texy Mexy and Primeval Brewing and a pink, sparkly beer brewed by Four Day Ray (available Friday night only), so both kids AND grownups can have a special, magical time in downtown Noblesville.”
Welcome to Fairyville is a perennial family-favorite activity, and, as McGill noted, Downtown Noblesville partners enjoy getting in on the fairy merriment. Dozens of artists and merchants come together to bring the event to life and each day of the event is a little different, so participants are encouraged to check the day’s schedule online or pick up a map and schedule of events at Nickel Plate Arts. The excitement will peak Friday night, during the Fairy Friday reception at Nickel Plate Arts from 6-9 pm and continue throughout Saturday, with musicians, vendors, and real-life fairies wandering along the trail.
At this year’s event, fairy-lovers can:
- Search for fairy houses and fairy doors along the trail, while exploring and learning about nature
- Pick up crafts and enjoy child-friendly art exhibits at Nickel Plate Arts, or enjoy live musical performances Friday night and Saturday
- Meet fairy sheep, fairy goats, and real-life fairy people Friday Night and Saturday.
- Join Lil Bloomers for story time on the sidewalk at 11:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. each day or sign up for a Fairy Toadstool Fashion Show on Friday night and Saturday that any child can enter
- Get a ticket for a Fairy Caboose Ride Friday night and Saturday with the Nickel Plate Express
- Paint pottery at Kiln Creations, or sign up for a Fairy Tea Party, Saturday at 4 pm
- Reserve a time to create crafts or pick up a craft kit at Caravan Classes
- Stop in at Gal’s Guide to the Galaxy to peruse fairy-themed books and engagement activities.
- Make pop-up cards and try nature-inspired art activities at Hamilton County Artists’ Association
- Unwind during Fairy Yoga in Seminary Park at 11 a.m. on Thursday and Saturday mornings
- Bring their baby to a Happy Babies class to explore features of the natural world at 10 am on Thursday and Saturday mornings.
- Have a Fairy Photo shoot with 10th Street Photography
- Sip Fairy Lemonade at Noble Coffee
- Nibble on fairy wand churros or sip fairy cocktails (21+ only) at Texy Mexy
- Enjoy fairy-themed cocktails at Primeval Brewing (21+ only)
- Shop from fairy-themed vendors, including Papa Smurf Concessions, Glass Utopia, Little Eagle Creek Farm, Full Moon Creations, Nicole Ioma Fiber Arts, Sycamore Ridge Studio, Happy Goat Yoga and the Girl Scouts of Central Indiana
- And much more!
(Please note: some events have fees or require advanced registration)
“This is truly the most magical event of the year, and we are delighted that so many of our local partners have gotten into the fairy spirit: we so hope that you’ll join in on the fun, too!” offered McGill. “Event details are still falling into place, so stay tuned to our website and social media for news about the latest activities!” Whether you choose to skip, walk, fly or frolic along the Fairy Trail, Nickel Plate Arts is looking forward to welcoming any and all guests. For more information, go to www.nickelplatearts.org/fairyville.