02 Aug Oil Painting Studio 201 – Wednesdays
From From: 09:00 AM to 11:00 AM
At Nickel Plate Arts
107 S. 8th St., Noblesville, IN 46060
$200 for full course, $20 for drop in class, $60 for extension
J.C. Seig / (317) 452-3690, email@example.com
This class is will use a hybrid model: students may participate in-person at Nickel Plate Arts in Noblesville, or participate online via Zoom. A minimum of 3 students is required for the instructor to teach an in-person session. For information on our safety procedures for in-person students, please see "Health and Safety Requirements" below.
September 13-November 15
Extension: Nov 22-Dec 13
9:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. EDT
Suggested age 16+
For creative people with some previous painting experience, this 201-level class provides nurturing instruction and guidance from painting instructor Jeannette Pomeroy-Parssi.
Jeannette will offer guidance as you paint and explore her lessons and assignments from week to week. She can also provide tips and support for your own projects, if you want to bring them to class.
Beginning students are encouraged to consider our Beginning Painting 101 class on Wednesday mornings. Please reach out directly to the instructor at firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm which option is best for your experience level and schedule.
Upon registration, the supply list will be sent to you to purchase your own supplies. If you'd rather purchase your supplies through Nickel Plate Arts and have the instructor ship them to you, there is an additional option at check out to add "Oil Painting Class Supplies,"
Supplies generally include (ordered from Dick Blick):
Oil, Set of 10, 38ml (Alizarin Crimson, Cadmium Red Hue, Ultramarine Blue, Lemon Yellow, Yellow Ochre, Viridian Hue, Raw Umber, Burnt Sienna, Titanium White, Ivory Black)
Oil, Cad Yelo Hue, 38ml
Oil, Cerulean Blue Hue, 38ml
Disposable Palette Paper
W&N Refined Linseed Oil
Princeton Brushes, Set of 7
Palette Knife, Style 50
2-9"x12" stretched canvas
1-Pack of 5, 9x12 canvas panels
Dawn Liquid Dishsoap
Rubber dishwashing gloves
Roll of Foil
Roll of Paper Towels
This class is led by professional artist and educator, Jeannette Pomeroy Parssi, who has been teaching painting and drawing for more than 15 years. 2021 marked her 8th year as a member of the faculty at Michigan’s famed Interlochen Center for the Arts summer art camp, where she teaches Painting & Drawing.
HEALTH AND SAFETY REQUIREMENTS:
Our campus is open and available to everyone in our community, including children and members of vulnerable populations who may not yet have been able to get the COVID-19 vaccine. We are ensuring safety for in-person students, as well as for staff and guests, through the following procedures and requirements:
- Face Masks are optional for in-person students. We reserve the right to require masks at any time.
- Our classroom space will be arranged for safe social distancing - we ask all students to respect social distancing guidelines.
- We will provide sanitizing wipes and hand gel for student use. We ask that students wipe down their work areas at the end of class and as needed throughout class.
- Students will be expected to obtain and keep their own supplies throughout the class: we will not provide communal supplies and the teacher will not be expected to clean or sanitize any supplies that students choose to share with each other.
- No food or beverage will be served during class. Students may bring their own water or nonalcoholic beverages. We encourage students NOT to share their own food or drink with others during class. Please note - alcohol is not permitted on our campus during our classes.
- It is our recommendation that all in-person students who are able should be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 before they attend class.
Please note: Nickel Plate Arts and our class instructor can refuse service to anyone for any reason, including anyone who is unwilling to follow our safety guidelines. Also, Nickel Plate Arts reserves the right to convert any and all classes to online-only, if health and safety conditions require a change to our class format.
We know that these guidelines can be burdensome, but we appreciate everyone's flexibility as we navigate this process!