17 Oct Day of the Dead with Nickel Plate Arts
From From: 03:00 PM to 07:00 PM
At Nickel Plate Arts
107 S. 8th St., Noblesville, IN 46060
Free to Attend
Ryan Shelton / (317) 900-1272, firstname.lastname@example.org
Day of the Dead is a colorful cultural celebration of life and creativity.
This festive Mexican holiday with ancient roots honors and celebrates the memory of friends and family members who have passed away. Our celebration amplifies the artistic aspects of Day of the Dead to appeal to the young and young at heart.
Families will explore Mexican art and culture by learning about the holiday’s traditions and participating in hands-on crafts and activities.
This year you can expect to:
- Taste authentic Mexican food and treats
- Dance and sing with music by The Mariachi Solo
- Enjoy face painting with Fabulously Fun Company, stories, and crafts
- View our arts ofrenda
- Costumes are highly encouraged
- Plus hands-on craft activities with talented artists & artisans:
- Sophie Abell (owner of Texy Mexy) – Tamale Making & The History Behind the Dish
- Esperanza Alonzo – Calaveras Bracelets
- Edgar Garcia – Balloon Calaveras
- Ariadna Limon – Mini Catrina Calaveras from “cold porcelain”
- Yolanda Zarco – Calavera Papel Picados
Kids will explore Mexican art and culture by learning about the holiday’s traditions, participating in crafts (some free, some $5 each) and art making, and enjoying traditional treats! Expect to get hands-on while enjoying food, music, face painting, and stories with loved ones. Costumes are highly encouraged! Our celebration will put an artsy spin on these popular traditions. Plus – get dinner onsite from Texy Mexy.