18 Jan Beginning Oil Painting 101 at Nickel Plate Arts
From 10 a.m. until 12 p.m.
At Nickel Plate Arts
107 S. 8th St., Noblesville, IN 46060
$200 for full course$20 for single session
J.C. Seig / (317) 452-3690, email@example.com
This class is will use a hybrid model: students may participate in-person at Nickel Plate Arts in Noblesville, or participate online via Zoom. A minimum of 3 students is required for the instructor to teach an in-person session. For information on our safety procedures for in-person students, please see "Health and Safety Requirements" below.
Wednesdays, January 12-March 16
10:00 a.m. - 12 p.m. (EDT)
Suggested age 16+
Start at the beginning in this class with basic instruction using the double primary palette. This fundamental class will introduce you to the basics of art theory and oil painting including: composition, materials, color mixing, and painting from direct observation. If you have taken this class previously or have had experience, come join in to work on your own project or take advantage of the still life set for class. Jeannette will offer guidance.
Past intro students or more advanced artists are encouraged to sign up for one of our Painting Studio classes - check http://nickelplatearts.org/classes/painting for those options.
Upon registration, the supply list will be sent to you to purchase your own supplies. If you'd rather purchase your supplies through Nickel Plate Arts and have the instructor ship them to you, there is an option at check out to add "Oil Painting Class Supplies"
Supplies generally include (ordered from Dick Blick):
Oil, Set of 10, 38ml (Alizarin Crimson, Cadmium Red Hue, Ultramarine Blue, Lemon Yellow, Yellow Ochre, Viridian Hue, Raw Umber, Burnt Sienna, Titanium White, Ivory Black)
Oil, Cad Yelo Hue, 38ml
Oil, Cerulean Blue Hue, 38ml
Disposable Palette Paper
W&N Refined Linseed Oil
Princeton Brushes, Set of 7
Palette Knife, Style 50
2-9"x12" stretched canvas
1-Pack of 5, 9x12 canvas panels
Dawn Liquid Dishsoap
Rubber dishwashing gloves
Roll of Foil
Roll of Paper Towels
This class is led by professional artist and educator, Jeannette Pomeroy Parssi, who has been teaching painting and drawing for more than 15 years. 2021 will mark her 8th year as a member of the faculty at Michigan’s famed Interlochen Center for the Arts summer art camp, where she teaches Painting & Drawing.
HEALTH AND SAFETY REQUIREMENTS: Our campus is open and available to everyone in our community, including children and members of vulnerable populations who may not yet have been able to get the COVID-19 vaccine. We are ensuring safety for in-person students, as well as for staff and guests, through the following procedures and requirements:
- Face Masks are highly recommended for in-person students. We reserve the right to require masks at any time.
- Our classroom space will be arranged for safe social distancing - we ask all students to respect social distancing guidelines.
- We will provide sanitizing wipes and hand gel for student use. We ask that students wipe down their work areas at the end of class and as needed throughout class.
- Students will be expected to obtain and keep their own supplies throughout the class: we will not provide communal supplies and the teacher will not be expected to clean or sanitize any supplies that students choose to share with each other.
- No food or beverage will be served during class. Students may bring their own water or nonalcoholic beverages. We encourage students NOT to share their own food or drink with others during class. Please note - alcohol is not permitted on our campus during our classes.
- It is our recommendation that all in-person students who are able should be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 before they attend class.
Please note: Nickel Plate Arts and our class instructor can refuse service to anyone for any reason, including anyone who is unwilling to follow our safety guidelines. Also, Nickel Plate Arts reserves the right to convert any and all classes to online.