20 Jul 2021 NICE Workshop #3: The Yellow Wallpaper (1892) by Charlotte Perkins Gilman
n/a, n/a, IN n/a
J.C. Seig / email@example.com
Noblesville Interdisciplinary Creativity Expo (NICE) project, now in its 7th year, is an annual project is based upon our love of classic literature. Each year, the project offers four books and four standalone passages, one from each book, for discussion, analysis, introspection, and ultimately inspiration for new creative pieces in any medium or genre of the Arts. 2021's book selections are: Sula (1973) by Toni Morrison, The Yellow Wallpaper (1892; short story) by Charlotte Perkins Gilman, A Wrinkle in Time (1962) by Madeleine LEngle, and Tarzan of the Apes (1912) by Edgar Rice Burroughs. Inspired creations can be presented in our presentations event (submission deadline Sept. 23; event date Sept. 30). You do not need to be familiar with the books or passages to participate in NICE!
This workshop looks at The Yellow Wallpaper (1892) a short story by Charlotte Perkins Gilman, and the standalone passage from it:
- gender and power, madness and creativity are presented as opposing human experiences in this book: it was published in 1892. Your thoughts on the same issues in today's world?
- what's happening in this passage? (actions, thoughts, reverie, dialogue, etc)
- what emotions do you feel from the passage? (any difference between reading silently or hearing it read aloud)
- what personal connections or experiences come to mind?
- inspiration for new art creations (all mediums/genres)
Join Zoom Meeting: https://zoom.us/j/6454559081?pwd=cGYwY1prdWtnc1pjYXYreWI2aXY0QT09
Meeting ID: 645 455 9081