21 Jun Call Out to Veterans
Call Out for Vetrans: Sharing Memorabilia and Artistic Talents
On June 29, 8 a.m.-9 p.m., the Nickel Plate District will host SPARK!Fishers, celebrating our history, community-pride, and traditions of the United States Armed Forces, and they want to include you! Located in Fishers City Hall, Veterans Hall will be a place for the public to relax, connect and share stories in celebration of our beloved Veterans. The SPARK!Fishers committee seeks Veterans interested in showcasing their military memorabilia and/or artistic talents in Veterans Hall during the SPARK!Fishers event.
VETERANS ARE INVITED TO PARTICIPATE IN 2 WAYS:
- Displaying and sharing their military memorabilia in Veterans Hall.
- Showcasing your artistic talents with hands-on activities and demonstrations.
objects tell compelling stories and history to be shared and celebrated. Memorabilia
can include any and all aspects of military life including:
- Uniforms including rank insignia, buttons, lapel pins, etc., medals and ribbons
- Shadow Box
- Hats and helmets
- Equipment (compass, binoculars, canteen, etc.)
- Books and training manuals
- Photographs when in service
- Identity badges and papers
- Certificates of completed training
- Letters and post cards, postage stamps
- Invitations and programs to official military functions
Demonstrations and Hands-on Activities:
If you are interested in
applying your talent towards celebrating our nation’s birthday with a live demonstration
during the event, we would love to showcase your artistry! If you can
demonstrate a form of art, we want to hear from you. Ideas of performance art
or other visual artistry are, but not linited to:
- Jewelry making
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION:
Tuesday, June 25, 2019 by 5 p.m.
You are NOT required to stay for the entire SPARK!Fishers event. Submit your interest, hours of availability and questions to Rebekah Thomas at firstname.lastname@example.org.