25 May Artist Opportunity: Pop-up Shop at Spark!Fishers
Nickel Plate Arts is excited to announce a sales opportunity for local artists. We’re partnering with the City of Fishers and a variety of local community organizations to help plan Spark!Fishers, a new annual event celebrating Independence Day and Fishers Pride on Saturday, June 30th in the downtown Fishers municipal circle. To celebrate and promote our local creative community, Nickel Plate Arts will host a special one-day-only Spark! Pop-Up Shop from 11am – 7pm during the Spark!Fishers event. Local artists will have the opportunity to sell their wares during this high-traffic inaugural event in downtown Fishers without having to staff an event booth all day. We’ll be in a prime traffic spot for event attendees, setting up shop along the front steps of Fishers City Hall. This is a great opportunity to get Fishers residents and beyond acquainted with your work!
Interested in participating? Review the Spark! Pop-up Shop rules:
- Artists may submit 1 or more products
- All handmade items will be considered; we recommend submitting items with a cost of $100 or less
- Artists must have at least 3 units to participate (can be multiples of the same item)
- Nickel Plate Arts will not collect a commission rate on sales; however, the cost of any credit card processing fees will be deducted from total sales per artist
- Nickel Plate Arts will collect and pay sales tax for all sold items
- All sales will be processed within 1 week and checks distributed to artists; to this end, each artist must have an up-to-date W9 form on file
- Each artist must provide their own materials to display or merchandise their products (such as a basket, crate, print rack, etc) and those display materials must be clearly labeled with your name or your company’s name
- Display items must be approved by Nickel Plate Arts in advance; only display items that are attractive, in good shape, and easy for one person to move will be accepted
- The Spark! Pop-Up Art Shop is an outdoor venue and products will be subject to wind, direct sun, and humidity; please keep this in mind in selecting your inventory
- All items must be clearly labeled with artist/company name, product name, and price; Nickel Plate Arts may add additional labels to help facilitate the transaction process
- Artists must fill out & sign a standard inventory sheet at the time of drop off; inventory sheets must be complete in order for items to be eligible for sales
- Artists must drop off items during the following times:
- Tuesday, June 26 between 2pm – 5pm
- Wednesday, June 27 between 1:30 – 5pm
- Artists must pick up items during one of the following times:
- Saturday, June 30 at the close of the event (7pm)
- Monday, July 2 between 12 noon – 5pm
- Tuesday, July 3 between 2pm – 5pm
- Nickel Plate Arts may request that specific artists deliver their own products or display materials to Fishers City Hall; specific instructions will be provided for drop off & pickup and must be explicitly followed in order to ensure smooth operations for all involved with this event
- Artists whose work is accepted for the Spark! Pop-up Shop will be invited to assist with operations in two ways:
- Staffing: we welcome any participating artist to help us staff the pop-up shop. Artists will be encouraged to promote their own work, but must promote all work included in the booth. The artists’ responsibility will be to facilitate a positive guest experience while Nickel Plate Arts staff manages all sales. Artists may work any shift they like from 11am – 7pm – please let us know which hours you plan to attend so that we can plan accordingly. Artists are encouraged to assist with set-up and tear-down as well.
- Demonstrations & Activities: Artists are invited to set up a demonstration and/or participatory activity in the pop-up shop area to engage patrons and event attendees. The Spark!Fishers planning committees are especially interested in showcasing local arts and would welcome plein air painting, sculpting, drawing, music performance, and more. Please let us know what time you would like to set up your activity so that we can plan accordingly; we’ll also need to know what equipment you’ll be bringing and/or what furniture you might need. Special arrangements may be required for large furniture or equipment as traffic will be blocked from the pop-up shop area for the majority of the day (including before and after the festival). Shuttle service will be provided.
If you are interested in selling your wares during the Spark! Fishers Pop-up Shop and agree to the above requirements, please fill out the form below by Friday, June 15th and a Nickel Plate Arts staff member will contact you.