01 Feb WANTED: Fairyhouse Architects!
The Fairy House Contest is back for 2018!
Fairyville’s population is BOOMING and there’s a fairy housing shortage! Help homeless fairies by becoming a fairy architect and building the best house possible.
We are looking for artists, individuals, organizations, and companies to build fairy houses to display along the Fairyville Trail. The walkable Trail will stretch from Nickel Plate Arts through parts of downtown Noblesville. These houses can celebrate Earth Day, represent your home or business, or your favorite local spot – be as creative as you’d like! Visit the events page at nickelplatearts.org to see photos from previous years’ events or check out our Facebook page to look last year’s Fairy House Contest album.
Prizes will be awarded based on audience vote. Up to $500 in prizes will be awarded to the first, second, and third place winners, along with other Honerable Mention prizes. Houses must be delivered to us no later than 5pm on Monday, April 16 and must be picked up between the hours of 1 pm and 5 pm on April 23-25.
Houses must be:
- -Bigger than a shoe box
- -Small enough to be transported on a 2’x3’ rolling cart.
- -Made from at least 75% natural materials
- -Made from materials that can be lost, damaged, rained on or redecorated by tiny fairies. The houses will be outside unattended for at least 48 hours.
- -Easy for one person to lift & move (25 pounds or less)
- -Whimsical, funny, creative, and/or beautiful!
There is a $20 registration fee, which supports NPArts programs.