28 Feb Meet Koda Witsken, Nickel Plate’s New Office Manager
We have some fresh faces on staff here at Nickel Plate Arts. Meet Koda Witsken:
- Name: Nekoda “Koda” Witsken
- What is your job title? Officer Manager
- What interesting jobs have you had prior to this one? Independent Contractor as an artist/muralist; senior business development executive at TripAdvisor; business development manager at Travelzoo; own my own art business, Hue Murals LLC currently based in Indy; have also worked for Purdue University, the Children’s Museum of Indianapolis, and more!
- What interesting places have you lived prior to coming back here? Durham, NC; Providence, RI; Boston, MA; Los Angeles, CA.
- Who is the person you text with the most? My best friends (Taylor, Kyle, and Fran) normally sharing idiotic memes, Harry Potter references, local beer/art events, words of encouragement, and songs that make your body move.
- What do you hope to see accomplished by working at Nickel Plate Arts? I hope to see the arts fabrics of various Indy communities weave ever closer together. Public art is a specific passion of mine, especially in towns like Noblesville that forged who I am today. I’m excited to give back, and to see public art processes solidified as arts and culture become bigger priorities in local economic development, neighborly pride, and tackling social issues.
- What tv show or podcast are you currently obsessed with? Outlander, Supernatural.
- What’s the coolest art “thing” you’ve seen/experienced in the past 2 months? Beyond the Streets pop up graffiti artist show in the warehouse district in L.A.
- Anything else you want people to know about you? I’m so excited and honored to join Nickel Plate Arts. They’ve given me so many opportunities to hone my art as a professional muralist/body painter/canvas painter/teacher, to volunteer and get more involved in the communities I love, to connect to other arts organizations, and so much more. Cheers to 2019, which is going to be a fantastically artsy year!
When you see Koda around at Nickel Plate events, make sure to give her a warm welcome to the Nickel Plate Arts community!