17 Jul J. Rodney Reveal
J. Rodney Reveal was born and raised in Noblesville. He was granted a full painting and sculpture scholarship to the California College of Arts in Oakland, California, and returned to Indianapolis’ John Herron School of Art to continue his studies. He was encouraged by Gordon Morrison, his high school art teacher, and inspired by Floyd Hopper with whom he studied for several years. Rodney was a full time Noblesville Firefighter for 30 years. Since retiring, Rodney has been able to dedicate more time to his oil and watercolor paintings of landscapes, structural details, and nature. His work is represented in public and private collections throughout the United States, Europe, and Brazil. Presently Rodney and his wife live on a woodland farm outside of Arcadia, Indiana, surrounded by his subject matter — particularly wildlife — which he rehabilitates for the state of Indiana.
“In my paintings, I try to translate my feelings of a place or an object with the same emotional impact that I receive when I experience it.” – J. Rodney Reveal
- American Artist Watercolor Magazine: Top 10 International Competition Finalist 2006
- Cincinnati Art Club: National Viewpoint Show: Watercolor Magic Award 2006
- Paint America Association: Top 100 for years 2007, 2008
- Paint the Parks: Top 100 for years 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2013
- Salon International in San Antonio, Texas, 2012
- Oil Painters of America Salon Show, 2016
- Oil Painters of America Salon Show, 2018 (read article from PleinAir Magazine congratulating show winners)
Rodney has received a long list of regional awards as well, including Nickel Plate Arts’ “Artist of the Year” Award for 2017.
Upcoming Events featuring Rodney’s Work:
- November 1-30, 2018: Nickel Plate Arts Artist Showcase: J. Rodney Reveal: “From My Point of View”
Read our most recent article about Rodney here: “From My Point of View: J. Rodney Reveal’s Year in Review”
Find out more about Rodney on his website: jrodneyreveal.com