30 Apr Wanted: Summer Camp Instructor
Nickel Plate Arts is looking for an instructor for our upcoming Adventures in Art Summer Camp happening this July. Scheduled in partnership with the Noblesville Township Trustee Office, this camp for kids ages 5-12 will be available to Noblesville residents for free. Kids will get their hands dirty and their heads thinking creatively over summer break while dabbling in 3D and 2D art-making processes. Registration is required for all camp participants with a limit of 20 campers per session. Camp will take place at the Noblesville Township Community Center at 372 8th Street, a short walk from the Nickel Plate Arts campus. Camp dates are split between two weeks: July 9-13 and July 16-20.
Camp sessions will be broken down by age group and will last for one hour each, with an hour between each session for turnover and breaks:
- 12-1 p.m. – Mini Artists (ages 5-6)
- 2-3 p.m. – Little Artists (ages 7-9)
- 4-5 p.m. – Tween Artists (ages 10-12)
The Summer Camp Instructor will have the following responsibilities:
- Managing camp registrations up to camp date (registrations are limited to 20 per age group session)
- Planning and implementing art projects
- Projects should be tailored to different age groups
- Topics should be varied and change daily, including (but not limited to) sculpture, painting, mixed media, etc.
- Checking in campers at the beginning of each session
- Providing instruction to campers of different ages and skill levels
- Maintaining necessary materials
- Overseeing the event’s generation operations
- Instructor must be available for all specified camp dates
Compensation for this position will be $750 per week. A $250 weekly stipend for supplies may be used – instructor must work closely with Nickel Plate Arts staff to determine necessary materials and utilize tax exemption when appropriate.
To be considered for this opportunity, email Rachael O’Dell at firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, May 18th.