04 Jun Stutz Artist Residency Now Accepting Applications
Central Indiana emerging artists are invited to submit applications to the Stutz Artist Residency program located in the Stutz Arts and Business Center in downtown Indianapolis.
For over 20 years, the Stutz Artists Association (SAA) has presented an annual award of free studio space (valued at approximately $6,000) to one or two central Indiana emerging artists. This award is one of the largest grants offered to individual visual artists in central Indiana from a local arts organization.
For the 2018 Stutz Artist Residency, two applicants will be awarded the following:
- 24/7 access to their own “white box” studio space (approx. 360 sq ft) for a period of 11 months. Each studio includes plenty of open wall space, a large basin sink (no hot water), standard electrical outlets, overhead lighting, steam heat and A/C.
- Residency studios are situated in a heavily trafficked, highly visible location within the Stutz building
- Membership to the SAA, which includes the opportunity to participate in member-only events and exhibition opportunities throughout the residency term
- Participation in the Raymond James Stutz Artists Open House (attended by approximately 5,000 members of the public annually) and the Holiday Open House (attended by approximately 1,800 members of the public)
- Each resident will be assigned a Stutz artist mentor who will act as a liaison and advisor throughout the year
Additionally, residents will have access to and support from the community of Stutz artists.
Application deadline is June 15, 2018. For more details and a link to the prospectus and application, head to IndyArtsGuide.org.