30 Apr Artist Opportunity: Wine Down with Art
Noblesville Parks and Recreation is excited to launch a new program called “Wine Down with Art,” an extension of First Friday programming within walking distance of downtown Noblesville. This cultural event will offer an opportunity for local residents to unwind on Friday evenings while celebrating local artists and their work. Happening May 4th, July 6th, and September 7th from 7-9pm at Federal Hill Commons, “Wine Down with Art” will bring in a variety of local wineries, food trucks, and artists from different backgrounds and styles. Locals are invited to sip and sample Indiana wines, dine al fresco from a selection of cuisines, enjoy live music, and peruse a fantastic selection of art, all against the backdrop of a sunset over White River and Federal Hill.
Noblesville Parks and Recreation are looking to feature 3 artists at each event in an upscale, “outdoor art gallery” setting around the Federal Hill plaza. To emphasize their appreciation for artist participation, Noblesville Parks and Recreation are waiving all commissions and fees for artists. Interested in participating? Review the guidelines below and contact Rachael O’Dell (email@example.com) by Friday, June 1st for consideration.
Wine Down with Art Feature Artist Guidelines:
- Artists may use patio umbrellas to shade artwork and merchandise as needed (tents should be avoided to maintain the upscale aesthetic envisioned for this event)
- Artists should plan to arrange their own setup and provide their own easels, tables, or panels for display (Nickel Plate Arts may be able to provide some display equipment upon request – items must be picked up at our campus)
- Artists should plan to display at least 3 pieces each with a potential for more depending on size
- Artists are encouraged to display smaller items, such as prints, cards, promotional materials, etc.
- Artists are required to be present for the entire event to represent their work and engage guests
- Each artist will be responsible for processing their own sales
Note: If rain is forecasted for the evening, the event will most likely be cancelled. You would be notified at least 3 hours in advance of the start of the event in case of cancellation.